Re: Build warnings galore

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 09:48:53AM -0700, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> Is there any interest in making OpenLDAP build without warnings or with
> few warnings under gcc -O2 -W -Wall -pedantic?  Usually I prefer souce
> code that eliminates all legitimate gcc warnings, but doesn't worry about
> things that gcc simply cant understand (like variable initialization in
> conditionals).

I've already started. A lot of the simple ones are taken care of in 2.0.4
(CVS). Working on the rest in the devel branch.

> Currently, there are thousands (yes, literally) of "too many arguments for
> format" warnings, many unused variables, and quite a few invalid
> comparisons between signed and unsigned numbers.

That's the most comprehensive one to patch. I have it worked out though.
Right now I can build all of the stuff in libraries/ with -Werror enabled.
I'll commit the patches soon.

Ben