Build warnings galore

Is there any interest in making OpenLDAP build without warnings or with
few warnings under gcc -O2 -W -Wall -pedantic?  Usually I prefer souce
code that eliminates all legitimate gcc warnings, but doesn't worry about
things that gcc simply cant understand (like variable initialization in
conditionals).

Currently, there are thousands (yes, literally) of "too many arguments for
format" warnings, many unused variables, and quite a few invalid
comparisons between signed and unsigned numbers.

Most of the format string warnings are due to the Debug macro and the way
it handles arguments.  I think that may be an easy fix.

Anyway, I'm willing to submit a patch, but I won't bother if there isn't
any interest.  Please let me know if I should work on this.

Regards,
Jeffrey Baker