Re: Other than database backends supported?

At 11:50 AM 9/15/00 +0100, Konstantin Chuguev wrote:
>Looking through sources of OpenLDAP-2.0.1, I am concluding that there is
>no support of other types of backends/plugins than for databases there.
>Am I right?

no.  There are backend plugins and "programmable" backends.  You
can also extend -lldbm to support other database managers.  And,
of course, you have the code.

>(Searching in mailing list archives did not give me an answer.)
>How can I implement a pre-operation action like one described here:
>http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/directory/plugin/intro.htm#1021815
>?

You hack the server to do whatever you want it do.

>Creating a new slightly modified back-ldbm for that purpose is not an
>efficient solution, I think.

Replacing back-ldbm is only one of many options.