Re: Simple example or recipe

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

>At 12:42 PM 9/11/00 -0400, Michael Rothwell wrote:
>>I'm writing a small program under Linux to access phone-book and
>>organizational information in our company's exchange server. Is there a
>>small example, howto, or "recipe" that I can look at? I've been looking
>>through the CVS version of ldapsearch.c, but it is loaded up with
>>#ifdefs, etc. I'm looking for more of a "hello world" for ldap.
>
>Other than client/tools, there really are no good examples.
>OpenLDAP 2.0 and OpenLDAP-devel use an updated C API.  There
>are few programming references available detailing this API.
>In fact, the man pages themselves are out of date and the IETF
>LDAPext C API I-D expired (though a copy is available in doc/drafts).
>
>Also note that this list is for discussing the development of OpenLDAP
>itself.  The OpenLDAP-software mailing list is the appropriate
>list for discussing programming with OpenLDAP Software.  See
>http://www.openldap.org/lists/#charter for details (note: programming
>is a "use" of the software).
>
>Kurt

developer.netscape.com has some nice explanations.

I could email him privately, with a working sample slimmed down to
be very specific to his db layout, but in a nut shell...

man ldap_init();
  man ldap_bind_s();
    (man -k ldap)ldap_<desired operation(s) here>();
    " "
    " "
  man ldap_unbind(_s)();
be_happy( :) );