Re: floating point syntax

At 05:48 PM 8/29/00 -0700, June Sup Lee wrote:
>I've been looking for the syntax & matching rules for
>the floating point numbers. Has anybody implemented it yet?

I don't believe there is an RFC or (current) I-D describing
a floating point syntax and associated matching rules.  As such,
the answer is likely no.

See http://www.openldap.org/devel/contributing.html

>Actually, I already modified
>./servers/slapd/schema_init.c a little bit to add the
>floating point syntax and matching rules.

Given the general nature of the syntax and matching rule,
I suggest you contribute a brief specification (in the form
of an I-D to the IETF)...  (publishing an I-D is quite easy).

        Kurt

RFC = Request for Comments, http://www.rfc-editor.org/
I-D = Internet Draft ('work in progress'), http://www.ietf.org/