Re: No such object

At 06:14 PM 8/26/00 +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
>I was able to track down the problem a little bit. It has nothing to
>do with using 1.2.x clients. The bug seems to be in the
>dereferencing (the defaults for parameter -a of ldapsearch seems to
>be different for 1.2.x and 2.0).

You likely have a DEREF set in your ldap.conf(5) or .ldaprc file
causing the default override.  1.2 likely ignored the DEREF flag,
hence the difference.

>Note that I don't have referrals in my database.

-a affects alias handling, no referral handling.  Do you have any
aliases in your directory?  Are you using the suffixAlias directive
in your slapd.conf?  Do you have multiple suffixes associated with
the database?

>michael@junker:~ > /usr/local/openldap2/bin/ldapsearch -a always -v
>-b "cn=non-existent,dc=karlsruhe,dc=de" -s base "(objectClass=*)"
>ldap_init( <DEFAULT>, <DEFAULT> )
>filter: (objectClass=*)
>requesting: ALL
>version: 2
>
>#
># filter: (objectClass=*)
># requesting: ALL
>#
>
># search result
>search: 2
>result: 0 Success
>matchedDN: dc=karlsruhe,dc=de
>
># numResponses: 1
>michael@junker:~ > /usr/local/openldap2/bin/ldapsearch -a never -v
>-b "cn=non-existent,dc=karlsruhe,dc=de" -s base "(objectClass=*)"
>ldap_init( <DEFAULT>, <DEFAULT> )
>filter: (objectClass=*)
>requesting: ALL
>version: 2
>
>#
># filter: (objectClass=*)
># requesting: ALL
>#
>
># search result
>search: 2
>result: 32 No such object
>matchedDN: dc=karlsruhe,dc=de
>
># numResponses: 1
>
>Now it should be possible for you to reproduce it.

I don't have enough info to even attempt to reproduce.  Please
help us help you by providing details.

>If not I can provide the detailed logs.

And details from your slapd.conf!