multiple app support / searchs

Hello, can anyone help with the following problem?

I currently have a node:

cn=Tom Skill, ou=MIS, ou=Department, o=myorg, c=us
uid:tskill

I also have a subnode:
appName=InternetApp, cn=Tom Skill, ou=MIS, ou=Department, o=myorg, c=us
accesslevel:1
firewalllevel:1

The problem:  would like to do a search such that I return attributes in
both the node and subnode, for example I would like to do a search that
returns both "acceslevel" and "firewalllevel" AND "uid" from the parent node
in one single search, is this possible?

The reason is that we have multiple applications, so would like to have
users defined at one level, then have application specific attributes define
under them that way the application can access specific info just for them,
plus the general info of the user like the userid/password, etc.  At signon
I would like to just do the one search on the uid, then check the password
if it matches and get all the attributes.

Thanks for any help this has been a major problem.

Tom (tskill@securitylink.comNOSPAM)