OpenLDAP 2.0 and SASL w/ GSSAPI

I'm trying to use the latest Openldap 2.0 ldapsearch to talk
w/ a Microsoft Active Directory server using SASL & GSSAPI.

I'm running on a Solaris 2.6,
the latest OpenLDAP 2.0 (from the HEAD branch of the repository),
Cyrus SASL 1.5.24,
Berkley DB 2.7.5,
the latest MIT Kerberos libraries,
built using gcc.

I keep getting the error: ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error
The error actually gets generated in ldap_int_sasl_bind at line 569.
Being new to SASL/ GSSAPI I have no idea what's going on.

Does anyone know what this error means?  Has anyone successfully
used SASL/GSSAPI and OpenLDAP 2.0.

Along the way I've discovered a bug in libldap/sasl.c: ldap_pvt_sasl_getmechs.
When calling ldap_search looking for "supportedSASLMechanisms",
a NULL string should be passed to ldap_saerch and not a NULL pointer.
I will submit a bug & patch to the Issue Tracking System.

Paul Turgyan