Re: The value argument to access_allowed, acl_mask, etc.

Julio-

This parameter is used in a few places. First, if is needed when checking "self" rights in ACLs. Second, it is used in ACIs that control access to attributes with certain values.

For the "self" use, see lines 574 and 593 in acl.c. For the ACI use, see the aci_list_has_attr routine in acl.c.

Mark.

I am trying to write some documentation for the access control
system of OpenLDAP 2.0 and I find some things that confuse me.

In particular, what is the purpose of the attribute value
argument to the acl routines?  Are they for future expansion?
Because I cannot find how to set it nor where is it checked...