Another observation about the beta release ...

While attempting to import some of our current data, we have noticed some significant resource requirements by the beta software. Basically, as the import progresses, the server steadily starts to slow from one student per second until student records are being add once every couple minutes. This is usually around 700 to 800 records into the import.

As it progresses, we also noticed available memory on the machine dropping from over 200 meg until we only have 5 meg available with over 100 meg of swap space in use. The server then dumped it's core and exited.

I haven't had time to look into it, but this seems a bit extreme for a simple import, especially when the source LDAP database (we used a perl script on a different machine to read from a remote LDAP server and import to the beta) backend only occupies about 10 meg of disk space.

Any thoughts?

Tony
* Anthony Brock                                         abrock@georgefox.edu *
* Director of Network Services                         George Fox University *