Re: ldapsearch values starting with ":" or "<" don't print

At 03:37 PM 5/17/00 -0600, Dave Steck wrote:
>This even applies to attributes like title or description.
>Is this an oversight or is there a reason?

This is due to the use of ldif_is_not_printable().  Such
values must be base64 encoded when output in LDIF format.
When using the old format, we should use a simpler test.

I've been considering switching the default output to LDIF.
In fact, I've been considering removing support for the
old format altogether.  (folks can use old tools for
compatibility)

Kurt