Search limit ?

Hello,

I'm looking for solution for defining search limit other than the global
default since we've some applications that able to search and retrieve all
records, while normal users can only get limited number of entries.  The
global size limit doesn't address this problem.

In 2.0 Alpha3, an error LDAP_ADMINLIMIT_EXCEEDED is defined:

In include/ldap.h:

#define LDAP_ADMINLIMIT_EXCEEDED        0x0b /* LDAPv3 */
In libraries/libldap/error.c:

{LDAP_ADMINLIMIT_EXCEEDED,              "Administrative limit exceeded"},

I'd like to know the usage of it, or if there's any workaround.
Would anyone please help ?

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
ST Wong