Re: objectclass attribute

At 04:44 PM 3/28/00 +0200, Mikael Grehn wrote:
>Dear Kurt,
>    thanks for the reply.
>

>> >Question 3:
>> >    Does it matter if I start the linked list with the objectclass
>> >attributes or that 'actual' attributes themselves?
>>
>> The returned list of attributes is unorderred sequence.
>
>When using ldapsearch.exe the order seems to matter.
>If I link my attribute list (sent from my server to client) with first
>attribute 'OBJECTCLASS' and several values for this type(for example)
>type1=OBJECTCLASS
>    value1=TOP
>    value2=NEWPILOTPERSON
>    etc
>and continue with ordinary attributes everything works perfectly (and both
>objectclasses are 'registered') but if I divide the objectclass values onto
>several attribute nodes like:
>type1=OBJECTCLASS
>    value1=TOP
>type2=OBJECTCLASS
>    value1=NEWPILOTPERSON
>etc
>it fails to read more than the first objectclass(TOP).

The latter is invalid.  The returned list is an unorderred sequence
of attributes consisting of a type and unorderred sequence of
values.

>Request of comments on some other work that I'm doing:
>I am about to insert code to limit the number of clients logged in
>simulateously by counting the number of new threads
>(one for each new client) that tries to log on.

The number of threads is not equal to the number of clients.
If you want to restrict the number of clients, restrict the
number of connections.

>The value is read from
>registry when initializing daemon.
>I have also included code to shutdown OpenLDAP from a remote program using
>the currentthreadID.

Okay, but I don't see the need for such a program.

>The main url-listener thread is concidered the main thread and when it is
>initialized it saves its thread id in registry.

Problem is, of course, you could have multiple slapd running on a given
box.

>The remote application reads this id (after checking that server is running
>using global event) and posts a message to OpenLDAP thread(in main thread
>loop). Thread performs ExitProcess and shutdown is performed(in a safe
>manner).
>
>Perhaps the current idle time for each logged on client could be checked the
>same way.
>
>Any comments or doubts about doing this?

NT specific solution should be avoided.