RE: back-bdb2 in progress

My quick fix for slow add times, which Kurt wasn't too keen on:
I delay all write-syncs, maintaining a "dirty" flag for each cache.
Then on any read operation, cache is flushed if "dirty" is true. This allows
bulk loading of data to occur pretty quickly, and all you need to do is
issue a search command to perform a sync as desired. (Kurt said the right
solution is to get back-bdb2 up to snuff. Yes, true, but my approach
provides immediate relief for a pretty common complaint.)