RE: LDAP schema propagation to the backend

At 11:41 AM 1/28/00 -0000, Joao Abrantes wrote:
>	So, from what I understand, the backend design should be objectlass and
>attribute independent.

should be object class, attribute type, and matching rule independent.

>	That means a good backend design should only be aware of attibute syntax
>(CIS, CES, etc...) and that´s all... Is this correct?

No.  A good database backend should not independent of attribute
syntax and associated matching rules.  I'm currently moving all
syntax dependent codes to the frontend so that they can be
shared across all database backends.  This separation is of
function is needed to support syntax and matching rule plugins.

The biggest change for database backends will be in index
management.