Re: commit: ldap configure configure.in

On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 11:42:23AM +1100, Luke Howard wrote:

> >Does this mean that openldap will be able to replace the directory server
> >in a DCE/DFS environment? Sorry I wasn't watching the initial threads
> >about this. If that is the case though, it is a big step that I was
> >interested in, but didn't know how to implement.
>
> No, it's just DN parsing support.
>
> I believe the Open Group were looking at replacing CDS
> with LDAP. It would be an interesting project, certainly.

If only Open Group would relax the license for their DCE/DFS source :)

Actually I have a local CVS of the source with a lot fo linux support from
the FreeDCE project. It's really too bad it can't be worked on in a more
open fashion. Partly the reason that I haven't messed with it in awhile. I
might revisit the CDS->LDAP project. I've mainly been trying to take most
of what the Open Group has and replace it with freely available software.
Using OpenLDAP for that would be pretty nice.

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '