Re: slapd python backend

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 06:18:01PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:

> The shell backend can do this for you. Don't let it's name fool you, it is
> not limited to shell scripts, but to any executable. It passes the query
> on the command line, so any executable program (C, C++, perl, bash, csh,

My LDAP servers perform >100 queries/s, and I don't think they are the
busiest around. While my Linux computer at home is capable of spawning that
many processes each second, Solaris certainly isn't up to it. It's a waste
of time.

My Radius server also detects and implements when the coprocess died, and
seemlessly reestablishes one. This also makes your application more robust:
subsystems may die and the server as a whole remains alive.

> python, tcl, ...) can take the request and respond to it. You can read up
> more on it by looking in the openldap-guide (available via the CVS).

I will. I wasn't previously aware of the 'openldap-guide'.

Regards,

bert hubert.

(On a side note, I can report that at least 3 major ISPs in The Netherlands
have based their setup on OpenLDAP! I must have been bragging about our
success with it too much..)

--
    +---------------+  |              http://www.rent-a-nerd.nl
    | nerd for hire |  |