Re: Kerberos 5 Support for OpenLDAP-release

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

> Booker Bense wrote:
> > - When I was messing around with this I found that there is
> > a problem building it with the MIT K5 kerberos4 libraries.
> > It looks like a simple fix, just seems to be some libraries
> > missing on the compile line. I think it's just a matter of
> > adding -lcrypto and -lcom_err to the K5 library list. I'll
> > try it and see what happens.
>
> This is the second area I meantioned needing work.  A
> developer(s) with a good knowledge of various Kerberos
> (K4, K5, KTH, whatever) releases needs to sort out the
> build system...  I'm quite willing to provide autoconf help.

- Well, I tested it and if you add -lcrypto and -lcom_err for the MIT
K5 k4 libraries, it compiles and works. I haven't had the
chance to look at the appropriate changes for configure.in yet.

- What other environments are you trying to make it work for?
I'd guess the only remaining one is KTH. I suspect that will
require a few ifdef's due to their slightly different API.
( The changes are trivial, but oh so annoying... ).
I haven't looked at heimdal enough to know if it has a K4
library.

- Booker C. Bense