Re: Kerberos 5 Support for OpenLDAP-release

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Ben Collins wrote:

> > I have already committed the basic SASL infrastructure,
> > I'd love to see:
> > 	DIGEST-MD5 method (self contained implementation)
> > 	Cyrus SASL integration (SASL plug in support)
> > 	SASL/StartTLS
> >
> > Kurt
> >

> If that's the case, then for the sake of clean code, I will start purging
> the old krb4 code from the devel branch and start working integrating krb5
> via SASL.

- If you use the cyrus SASL libraries as a framework you get
both K4 and GSSAPI ( which is k5 and potentially other api's ).
I'm not advocating deleting the umich K4 code. Since I don't
have the tuit's to work on this I'm just trying to get the most
bang for the buck from other peoples tuit's.

- Booker C. Bense