known mem leaks?

Hi all,

I've been doing a lot of testing with OpenLDAP 1.2.6.  I am using the
development tools atom and third on DEC Unix.  I am investigating why
there are so many memory leaks.  I've found what seems to be a huge
problem, and I'm wondering if anyone else has identified this or knows
about this.  The output from my tools are:

6560 bytes in 205 leaks (including 138 super leaks) created at:
    malloc                         libc.so
    ch_malloc                      slapd
    attr_merge                     slapd
    do_add                         slapd
    pc = 0x12007ee0c               slapd

3936 bytes in 246 leaks (including 116 super leaks) created at:
    malloc                         libc.so
    ber_bvdup                      slapd
    value_add                      slapd
    attr_merge                     slapd
    do_add                         slapd
    pc = 0x12007ee0c               slapd

3608 bytes in 205 leaks (including 126 super leaks) created at:
    malloc                         libc.so
    ch_malloc                      slapd
    value_add                      slapd
    attr_merge                     slapd
    do_add                         slapd
    pc = 0x12007ee0c               slapd

3239 bytes in 246 leaks (including 135 super leaks) created at:
    malloc                         libc.so
    ber_bvdup                      slapd
    value_add                      slapd
    attr_merge                     slapd
    do_add                         slapd
    pc = 0x12007ee0c               slapd

As you can see, there are many leaks created in the attr_merge function
(from servers/slapd/attr.c)  It looks as if when the new Attribute struct
is being created at the end of the linked list, it might be reclaimed.
Any ideas?

Thanks, and I'll keep looking,
Seth