Re: backend modules

On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 08:25:21AM -0700, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> Please submit changes to libtool to the libtool folks.  We
> should not maintain OpenLDAP-specific versions of this tool.

The libtool documentation has some info on how to do this already with
it's current setup (differentiate and compile static and/or dynamic
modules) without modifying libtool or ltmain.sh.

What are we using for loading the modules? Wouldn't it be best to use
the ltdl library that comes with libtool? It's already cross-platform
(including win32 dll support) and even takes care of platforms that
don't support dynamic modules, so we wont have to. I'm using it in a
seperaqte project and it has removed a lot of the headache for this
type of thing.

Ben