From: Louis Simon [mailto:louis@vircom.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 1999 3:37 PM
To: Ldap devel list
Subject: Crash at SLAPD startup

Hi,
I got a problem when i execute slapd.exe. I will do a resume of what i did.

I compiled the slapd project ( Debug ) under Windows NT4 with Visual Studio 6.0.

Created a folder to put the files i need to run the slapd server.
D:\jenova

The folder contains:
hs_regex.dll
libdb.dll
slapd.conf
slapd.exe
slapd.at.conf
slapd.oc.conf

And i have created another directory required by the file slapd.conf:
D:/LDAP_ext/data

The folder contains:
cn.dbb
dn.dbb
dn2id.dbb
id2children.dbb
id2entry.dbb
NEXTID
objectclass.dbb
sn.dbb
uid.dbb

Now, from this folder ( d:\jenova ) i run slapd this way:

slapd -p 389 -f slapd.conf

Everyting seems to work fine, but it crashes at this point:
ACL: access to dn=.*,o=Telecom Italia
 attrs=userPassword
        by self
        by dn=.*

slapd startup: initiated.
slapd starting

crash.......

The error is "slapd.exe - Application Error" bla bla bla...

Here are a sample of my  .conf  files.

Any ideas?

Tks

Louis