Re: schema headers and release

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

> > > Also, is the schema code going to be released into the 1.2.x tree, or
> > > will it be 2.x only?
>
> I see little reason to port the schema code to our LDAPv2 tree (1.x).

Well, it would let people use the published schema now, as opposed to
having to wait for OpenLDAP 2.0 -- which is still quite a ways off from
what I gather. I'm working on some code that uses it, and I can't really
expect people to get openldap-devel out of CVS just to use my client.

Also, if you want to submit the API extensions to LDAPext (which I think
is a great idea!), getting the API out there as soon as possible might
be a good way of having it tested in real-world use. Not to mention
making it a de-facto standard ;-)

Bert Vermeulen
bert@biot.com