Extending Open LDAP

Hi everyone,

I have quite a question for you guys......

I work for U of M's medical IT department.  We're working on a project to
integrate LDAP and PIDS (a CORBA based directory service) so that an LDAP
client can access the PIDS data.

Does anyone out there know how wwe could either configure teh server or
perhaps even re-werite the search funtion in teh source code so that
whenever a search request is sent the server will issue a system call to
start teh PIDS client?  I'd like the PIDS client to grab the sesarch
filter sent by teh client, search teh PIDS server's data, write the
results to a file and then have teh LDAP server send out a system call to
execute the ldapadd command to add teh results to the server's database
and after that is done the "real" search will be done and sent back to the
original LDAP client.  I was looking through teh source code trying to
understand it today....if I go to the slapd/search.c file and alter teh
do_search() function to do that, do you think it would work?

Thanks,
Phil Waligora