RE: multiple listener ports

At 01:38 PM 5/26/99 -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
>Given this "host" directive you don't even need a "port" directive,
>since you could say
>
>host	ldap://localhost:389/

Agreed.

>Also, rather than listing a lot of bindings with a single directive, I still
>think it would make sense to list options for individual bindings, e.g.:
>
>host	ldap://localhost/	timeout 60
>host	ldap://external-ip/	timeout 300

Once we have multiple connections, it's likely we'll have multiple
per connection options.  Hence, I rather see:

timeout 60	# default timeout

host ldap::///

host ldap://external-ip/
timeout 300	# override default for this listener

maybe 'listen' would be a better directive name than 'host'.

Kurt