Re: Tests fail on RedHat 6.0 (ITS#156)

(sorry if I'm beating on a dead horse here, but since the behavior has
changed I thought I'd mention this).

I just checked out the latest OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_1_2, and it seems to have
fixed one of the tests, but another is now broken.  This is on both a
pretty stock RedHat 6.0 and a highly modified RedHat 5.1 box (running
glibc 2.1). Output of tests follows.

[nathan@watcher tests]$ make
ln: ./data: cannot overwrite directory
make: [all-local] Error 1 (ignored)
Initiating LDAP tests...
running defines.sh . ldbm
Datadir is ./data
Cleaning up in ./test-db...
Running ldif2ldbm to build slapd database...
Starting slapd on TCP/IP port 9009...
Using ldapsearch to retrieve all the entries...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Filtering ldapsearch results...
Filtering original ldif used to create database...
Comparing filter output...

running defines.sh . ldbm
Cleaning up in ./test-db...
Starting slapd on TCP/IP port 9009...
Using ldapsearch to check that slapd is running...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Using ldapmodify to populate the database...
ldapmodify failed!
kill: (4620) - No such pid
make: *** [all-local] Error 81

To get this I did:

configure
make depend
make
cd tests
make

Hope this helps, more testing info is available on demand,
	nathan

Nathan Field  Root is not something to be shared with strangers.

"One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad