LDAP over SSL (Re: multiple listener ports)

At 09:18 AM 5/26/99 -0700, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>As Julio pointed out, using TLS/SSL with SASL does not require
>second port!  LDAP OVER SSL (LDAPv2 style ldaps) does.  Though
>I am not sure of the need to support LDAP OVER SSL (give
>TLS/SSL with SASL), adding such, I guess, is no big deal.

On second thought, there are a few good reasons not to
support LDAP over SSL.

1) LDAP over SSL is deprecated.
2) No standard for LDAP over SSL.
3) No well-defined API for LDAP over SSL.

I guess I rather only add LDAP over SSL support AFTER
LDAPv3/SASL/TLS has been implemented and the developers
still believe they have a need for it.

However, I do believe we should add multiple listener
support now...

Kurt