Re: running out of descriptors

At 02:23 PM 5/24/99 -0400, Don Badrak wrote:
>I think the idea of the keepalives is probably a lot simpler to implement
>(one line change in servers/daemon.c, and a couple other in the
>distribution).

I've committed a keep alive solution.  I'd appreciate feedback
on it's effectiveness in your environment.

>Not that I wouldn't mind seeing both.  Sometimes fixing the client (such
>as this case), isn't the easiest thing to do.  Having a connection open
>for a week, I just don't see being a realistic situation.

An inactivity timer might also be useful in situations where the
TCP stream is still alive but the application has stopped
using the stream for some reason.

When I get a chance, I'll commit something based upon
Philipp Klaus's suggestion.

Kurt