Re: Charset handling in the LDAP C API (Was: VM/ESA patches)

At 12:21 22.03.99 -0800, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

>Note:
>  I do not know of any server which actual does this translation, most
>  never translate strings.  That is, if you write a string using LDAPv3 and
>  read it with LDAPv2 (or vise versa) they always are equal.

One of my colleagues tried it (because I asked) with an ISOCOR GDS server.
When he stored a Norwegian ø using LDAPv2 and T.61, he was able to retrieve
it, apparently, as an UTF-8 ø using LDAPv3.

So the set of translating servers is > 0.....

                      Harald A

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
Harald.Alvestrand@maxware.no