RE: General slapd backend enhancement (ITS#97)

Howard,

> That's exactly what I had in mind. That's why the issue of correctly
> massaging DNs is so important.

Right.. what I had in mind specifically was "imposing" one namespace
on top of another, for example, joining the dc=padl,dc=com namespace
from separate directories into one. Perhaps (for creating entries)
you could assign automony for parts of the schema to certain
directories, so were I to create an entry that is both User and
posixAccount, the User attributes end up on Server A and the latter
on Server B.

Some massaging may be in order, yes, particularly if you join on
an attribute which is not in the RDN.

-- Luke (Howard!)