Re: Discussion: ldapdelete.c

On Thu, Mar 04, 1999 at 12:05:43PM -0800, JR Heisey wrote:
> That's fine for you Unix guys but I live in the DOS/Windows
> world. At least for now. :)

Sorry, I sometimes forget :)

> Besides, I would be inclined to create a batch/script file
> to do this which means I have another utility to remember
> how to use. Why not push this ability down to the ldapmodify
> tool where it can automatically detect an LDIF file.

I would think the only problem in parsing something like this out is that
you can't really detect errors in the format well. Now if it was a command
line option that told ldapdelete "you are about to get an ldif format
input, just delete the dn's and ignore the content", that might work and
avoid the neccessary error checking.

OpenLDAP Core - bcollins@openldap.org                 bcollins@debian.org
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems         The Choice of the GNU Generation