Re: Logic problem in the LDBM backend

At 12:29 PM 12/17/98 -0800, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>At 01:11 PM 12/17/98 -0700, Daniel Carroll wrote:
>>     3) In the cache_entrydn_cmp() routine, canonicalize the cache entry
>>           before doing the comparison.
>This (#3) is likely the best option.  It preserved the DN form of the
>entries.

As was noted to me privately, modifying cache_entrydn_cmp() routine
to canonicalize the cache entry for each compare is expensive.

I recommend we add a new field to the in core entry structure
	char *e_canonical_dn;

This string would be used to speed up comparision operations.
However, the server would still return e_dn on all operations.
Getting the implementation right, though, is a bit more
challedging.  And, of course, there are numerous options for
when to fill in e_canonical_dn.

Guess that's enough 'food for thought' for now.

Kurt