DEN schema for OpenLDAP [was Re: openldap supplanting and working with others]

The OpenLDAP out-of-the-box schema should include the DEN schema,
as per:

http://murchiso.com/den/specifications/directory-enabled-networks-v3c5-lastcall-no-figs.pdf

(watch out: your mail client linewrap may break this link)

We'll need DEN to enable interoperability with other LDAPv3-fronted
services such as NDS, Active Directory, and several X.500 products.

The DEN schema is open, multi-vendor supported, and will be used
by application environments from Cisco, Lucent, 3Com, Bay (Nortel),
Tivoli, and more, in addition to Novell and Micro$oft.

In addition, the DEN schema and information model are rich enough,
complete enough, for us to use as the foundation for sophisticated
access control and navigation aids for networked services and
applications. More on this, from me, later.

The Directory Enabled Networks (DEN) specification was developed
with open, public, participation. I'll vouch for that. I participated.
My comments and suggestions were considered openly, fairly, and
without regard to whether or not I was affiliated with a commercial
IS powerhouse (I'm not, BTW).

I'm volunteering to provide the schema, unless someone else already
has it available. As time goes by, I'll offer extensions for review
and possible incorporation into the OpenLDAP out-of-the-box schema.

--
# Larry Bartz                           |                              |