Re: Your Message Sent on Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:15:02 -0500 (EST)

Hi Jay,

Novell is delivering a LDAP2NDS gateway with Netware 5.0 which is mostly LDAPv3
compliant. Regarding to 4.x there is a free LDAP2NDS gateway located at their
web site which is mostly LDAPv2 compliant.
I have used both of them. They are working so far. What is really missing is
replica support. For now they argue that you can do replication with NDS but
that is of cause no solution if you want the data replicated to a LDAP server.
They told me that maybe replica support will be integrated later.
Another big constraint is that there is no possibility to change the password
over the LDAP gateway. Any other data modification is doing fine using
ldapadd/modify.
For now I do a full ldapsearch -L as admin on the Novell gateway, munge the data
and ldapadd this file.

> Another question here from GC.  Has anyone looked into umichLDAP or
> OpenLDAP synchronization with Novell's NDS?  Our problem here is that
> Netscape raised pricing on us so we're trying to look at Linux to replace
> our Netscape SuiteSpot servers.  Sendmail isn't much of a problem (I
> assume it can use LDAP, can't it?), but we run a couple of large Netware
There have been patches floating around for the 8.8x versions. I have heard
rumours that this patches have been integrated with 8.9x but haven't checked it.

--
Achim Reckeweg                  System engineer
                                Email: Achim.Reckeweg@Germany.Sun.COM