Perl backend.

Hi,

I am currently working on a Perl backend for slapd which
will allow you to write Perl Modules to handle LDAP calls.
I figure with the DBI modules this will allow preliminary
access to many databases.

I should have some source patches ready in a week or so,
depending on my schedule.  I currently have most of the
basic stuff working (like searching), and just need to fill
in the gaps and clean things up.

I also found a few bugs in the slapd documentation on how to
write a backend, mostly dealing with the function prototypes.
I will gather these up as well and send them out.

Just thought I would let everyone know, to avoid any duplicat
efforts.

John C. Quillan
quillan@doitnow.com