referrals

While sorting out some other stuff, I noticed that back-ldbm/search.c
returns referrals and a partial results code to the client during
subtree-scope searches. In LDAP v3, this is incorrect. It should return
SearchResultReferences and a success code to the client for both
one-level and subtree searches. Should this be modified to be
v3-compliant only? Or should the old behavior be retained via a
runtime or compile-time switch? Note that the current behavior is
aberrant since v2 doesn't allow for referrals to be returned to
the client at all.

I'd sign up for this effort since I need it to complete aliases if
no one else is interested in tackling it.

bob

Robert Streich			streich@slb.com
Schlumberger			512-331-3318 (voice)
Austin Research			512-331-3760 (fax)