Re: Added TCP wrappers support, built new snapshot

On Sat, Aug 15, 1998 at 08:38:55PM -0700, Stuart Lynne wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 15, 1998 at 02:50:36PM -0700, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> > I've added TCP wrapper support to slapd/ldapd!  This allows
> > you to control access to your server via host_access(5) rules.
> > (requires tcp_wrappers's -lwrap to be installed).
> >
> > I've also built a new napshot:
> > 	ftp://ftp.boolean.net/pub/ldap/ldap_980815.tgz
> >
> > For ease of downloading, I've added symbolic links "ldap-devel.tgz"
> > (latest development snapshot) and "ldap-stable.tgz" (latest stable
> > snapshot).
> >
> > Also includes in this -devel snapshot:
> > 	1) detection of SunOS 5.6 as a separate platform
> > 	2) changes to THREAD_SUNOS5_LWP to support SunOS 5.6
> > 	3) changes to support POSIX_THREADS
> > 	4) changes to LDAP_CRYPT, now expects extra library
> > 		to be defined in Make-common.  Extra library
> > 		is only linked in when necessary.
> > 	5) LDAP World P16 was #ifdef'ed out, causes hangs
> > 	6) changes to tests to work better within the CVS environment
> > 	7) Various platform compatibility changes.
> >
> > I'd like to announce the general availability a distribution
> > next week (Friday morning) to the general public (ie: ldap@umich.edu).
> > If you have changes you would like included, please send them to
> > the list (or directly to me) as soon as possible.
>
> I have some small fixes and one significant increase in functionality
> (added groups) to ACL processing. I'll see if I can organize the
> files so I can separate out the fixes from the new stuff.

Attached is a first pass at synching my changes to slapd with your source
tree.

I've done diff -c from within the servers/slapd directory and then separated
each of the files into a separate directories depending on what changes
where being made. So we end up with:

1. Patches to move some things from ETCDIR to SBINDIR for install:

	P1-ETCDIR/Make-template.cdiff
	P1-ETCDIR/tools-Make-template.cdiff
	P1-ETCDIR/tools-ldif2ldbm.c.cdiff

2. New functionality, groups and extended regex for ACL's:

	P2-ACL/acl.c.cdiff
	P2-ACL/aclparse.c.cdiff
	P2-ACL/backend.c.cdiff
	P2-ACL/proto-slap.h.cdiff
	P2-ACL/result.c.cdiff
	P2-ACL/slap.h.cdiff
	P2-ACL/back-ldabm-Make-template.cdiff
	P2-ACL/back-ldbm-group.c.cdiff

3. Ensure modify cannot change CREATETIMESTAMP/CREATOR and add can not
insert MODIFYTIMESTAMP/MODIFIERSNAME:

	P3-LASTMOD/add.c.cdiff
	P3-LASTMOD/modify.c.cdiff

4. Fix bug that prevents adding entry to top level.

	P4-TOP/dn.c.cdiff

5. Allow -d option to be specified multiple times (or each -d argument to
get final debug level ):

	P5-DEBUGOPT/main.c.cdiff

6. Check for null ptr in for loop:

	P6-NULLCHK/schema.c.cdiff

7. Force updates on all database writes. This is brute force fix to prevent
server from not flushing cache on exit in some cases (SIGHUP):

	P7-LDBM/back-ldbm-dn2id.c.cdiff
	P7-LDBM/back-ldbm-idl.c.cdiff

Note that I have not tried applying these to your source tree and compiling.
But I have done a visual check to see if there was any obvious problems.

--
Stuart Lynne <sl@fireplug.net>      604-461-7532      <http://www.fireplug.net>
PGP Fingerprint: 28 E2 A0 15 99 62 9A 00  88 EC A3 EE 2D 1C 15 68